Choosing The Best pocket knife sharpener can be a challenging exercise – for the simple reason that these knives are often gifts, and as such carry sentimental value. As such, it is vital to get the right tool that will preserve the blade for as long as possible. There are also many people who use them frequently, and some even rely on them in specific situations. When Choosing The Best pocket knife sharpener, you may want to keep the following in mind:
1. It has to be able to restore the blade to its intended condition. This means not only getting it sharp, but also getting the angle of the cutting edge just right so it stays sharp for as long as possible. Additionally, it has to be hard enough to facilitate modifying the blade surface, regardless of the hardness of the steel used to construct it.
2. It has to be easy to use, and convenient. Many people might not mind spending some time with their pocket knife sharpener – but if it is something like a whetstone, using it is not as simple as it seems, and (usually) the additional amount of time spent will not produce any better results.
3. It should be versatile. When choosing a pocket knife sharpener, keep in mind that there are usually additional gadgets and smaller blades in the set, and it is of little use if you can only attend to the man blade. A versatile tool will allow you to address every single gadget that requires sharpening.
4. Usability under different conditions – keep in mind that you may land in situations where you need to sharpen your pocket knife while camping out in the woods, or fishing next to the river. It may be cold and/or wet – will you be able to use it under those conditions? Sure, you can sharpen it before you leave home, but you never know what might happen along the way that may affect the blade. Under these conditions, electric sharpeners seem less reliable and desirable.
5. Weight – if you are someone who enjoys camping out or hiking for more then a day or two at a time, you may very well be quite conscious of the weight of every item you carry along. Ideally, it has to be as lightweight as possible. Lastly, consider the quality. How hard is the steel it is made of? How long is the warranty period? Decent quality sharpeners for pocket knives should have a warranty period of three years or more. The Multi Sharpener, incidentally, satisfies on all the above requirements. Made from incredibly hard carbide tungsten 93hra, its patented design enables it to determine the correct angle of the cutting edge as it sharpens it. With different built-in tools for different jobs, it can literally sharpen anything. Its ultra-lightweight design means that it is convenient to use anywhere, and carry along on camping trips, while its configuration makes it easy to use under any circumstances. Of course, it comes with a 5 year guarantee for complete peace of mind.